Friday, November 21, 2014

READ: "THE MEANING OF HUMAN EXISTENCE" BY EDWARD O. WILSON

The Meaning of Human Existence
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book may not be very long, but it does leave you with a lot to think about. The title is somewhat misleading, as of course that answer isn't really provided. I can't say I expected it would be as that is possibly something we can't ever really "know". That being said, the essays within leave you with a lot of pieces of the puzzle to help you piece it together as best as possible for yourself. Much of the book focuses on the scientific reasons for our existence, meaning evolution, but not just of the physical variety, but also the sociological, which provided for many of the book's most fascinating moments. I don't know that I feel all that much closer to understanding the meaning of human existence, but I do feel I learned some interesting things about the very nature of humanity, and that's something.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment